Monday 3 August 2009

Anticipating a bonanza of courgettes

Over the last couple of weeks the courgettes have been coming in a manageable one or two at a time. In anticipation of a bumper harvest I have been looking out some new recipes to add to my somewhat limited courgette repertoire.

I dug out my copy of the Five-a-day Fruit and Vegetable Cookbook.It's got three nice sounding recipes. Baked courgettes (with goat's cheese), Courgettes Italian-style (browned with onion and garlic then cooked in stock) and Chocolate Courgette Cake. As a chocoholic the later is going to be an early experiment!

Having heard good things about Elaine Borish's What Will I Do with All Those Courgettes?and read some good reviews about it I have acquired a copy. It's got more than 150 recipes featuring courgettes.. soups, salads, starters, snacks, side dishes, (that's a lot of words starting with s) mains and cakes and breads including another two cakes with chocolate! Phew! All those recipes to choose from. It's as overwhelming as... a glut of courgettes!

No comments:

Post a Comment