Friday 24 July 2009

Bad Things & Good Knitters II

When I wrote about When Bad Things Happen to Good Knitters: An Emergency Survival Guide yesterday little did I know that I would have to turn to it for help so soon!

My WIP has a keyhole neck line and the instruction I came across last night stumped me. The pattern said to "knit 30, cast on 9". I looked at the knitting, thought about it for a while and came up blank but instead of panicking I turned to Edmonds and Moore and very soon found the answer. Turn the knitting, put RH needle between first two stitches, knit and put stitch back on LH needle. Simples!

I hadn't intended to talk about my new project so soon but since I'm on the subject.. I'm knitting the Thai Top featured in Issue Four of the Knitter. It has a keyhole neckline and moss stitch shoulders and cap sleeves. The original was in Sublime Soya Cotton DK but I'm using Louisa Harding Jasmine in Leaf Green which knits to the same tension. After using Sirdar Denim Sport Aran for my last project this yarn is divine to work with. It's composition is 48% cotton, 39% bamboo, 10% silk & 3% polyester. The garment is knitted on round needles - a first for me. I had to resort to Bad Things... to find out how to join the circle and then I had to frog a couple of times at the beginning. The first time because I put the knitting down after the first row and then picked up the needles the wrong way and the second time because when I changed to larger needles I turned the knitting into a mobius strip. Since I got a few rows on the needles it's been a breeze - well until last night anyway and with a little help from my friends that wasn't a big issue after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment