Wednesday 22 July 2009

Finally... it's finished

The jumper I was knitting for Mark that is. It's certainly been a labour of love! I can understand now why Claire in Plan-Knit wool (my LYS) only knits for adults using chunky wool and big needles! I'm glad I only had to knit the smallest size although I did have to add an additional 3 inches onto each sleeve for old orang utan arms.

The pattern is Sirdar 8420 and the yarn I used is Sirdar Denim Sport Aran (60% acrylic, 25% cotton, 15% wool). I bought a pack of 10 balls, enough to knit two jumpers, in a special offer. Now I know why it was on offer! I didn't find the yarn pleasing to use at all. It doesn't feel nice in the hands and the strands separate. I have another 5 balls in my stash for the second jumper - groan. I will get around to knitting it but not for a little while. My next project is already growing on the needles but more about that another day. In the meantime here is a picture of a delighted (?) Mark modelling the finished article.

No comments:

Post a Comment